A shirt has been known as a men's loose upper body garment for ages but considering it's comfort, it is adapted and adopted by women as well.
A shirt can be made in different styles and can be made simpler or fancier as the fashion trend is prevailing. Commonly, shirt is referred to as -
- Half open shirt - A half open shirt usually has a front button or zipper opening / placket till chest line or slightly below.
- Full open shirt - A full open shirt as the name suggests has a full button opening in front.
- Open collar shirt - This is a casual style of shirt, in which peter-pan style of collar is attached. This type of collar is cut in single piece and turned out.
- Closed collar shirt - This is a formal shirt, worn in workplace and business places. The collar is made in two pieces, which can be folded outwards.
Besides, there can be different types of shirt based on their cutting and design -
- Manila Shirt
- Safari Shirt
- Plain Shirt
- Night Shirt
- Nehru Shirt / Kurta
- Kalidar Kurta | Shirt
- and various other styles for women such as frill shirt, pleated shirt, umbrella shirt, biased shirt, asymetrical shirt to name a few types.